Thread: Collection App
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I use an app called... Toy Collector. It's not fancy and lacks a lot of detail but it gets the job done if all you want to do is track what figures you do and don't have. It supports a TON of lines, which is very nice, and updates pretty regularly for current lines. You can leave a note on each entry which is very handy because I like to nerd out sometimes and record how much I've paid for a particular figure. Unfortunately that's also the only way to note what accessories you have/are missing as the app does not go into that much detail. You CAN mark a figure complete though, which is nice.

I also am a lover of Excel spreadsheets and have one going for GI Joe, Kenner Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and TMNT. That's how I track accessories and such. It has been especially helpful for ARAH GI Joe as it's not unusual for some of those figures to have 3-5 accessories.
Do you use an auto populate from a drop down cell for accessories in excel, or do you just list them out in a cell and delete from a "needs" column as you get an accessory?

My sheet was, for a while as sophisticated as it could be with drop down choices and so on, but I found it was easier to simply delete a "needs" cell after I got an accessory and just never have that cell taking up data ever again after that.

I also searched for "Toy Collector" in the GP Store to check it out, but got nothing with that specific name. But I think I could really get into that GemR site that another poster mentioned above. I reg'd last night and made two test albums for fun.... For anyone who doesn't know, it looks like it's basically Facebook but for collections.

Last edited by IMJ; 10-25-2019 at 09:38 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote