View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #63
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
THIS! Very much this! All of the above! But, I'd get PL's approval before green-lighting Mirage Vol. 5, because I don't want to step on his toes if he gets the inspiration to do one last Vol. 4 issue (I always figured that was why IDW was it's own universe). I'd also commission Murphy and Allen to finally make "The Forever War" which would be published as a graphic novel and likely adapted into a DTV movie (see below).

If I went the two shows route, I think I'd rather let the live-action show be the "kiddie show" to sell the toys, and the animated show would be a more serious take for older fans that combines Mirage, Archie, and original elements. Animation is a more important medium to me than live action. There would also be another TF/Transdimensional Turtles type special that features the Mirage Turtles more heavily and doesn't do the "Mirage Turtles are scary" thing.

And, on that note, the main thing I would do is have a line of direct to video "TMNT Multiverse" animated movies! They would be similar to the "DC Universe" animated movies that WB releases. There would be direct "Panel to screen" adaptations of memorable and important story-lines from Mirage, Archie, and IDW, as well as new adventures in the discontinued TV show universes (like a new FW or 4Kids TMNT adventure). "Return to NY", "City at War" and "Souls Winter" would be at the top of my list.

I'd also try to get a heavily Mirage-based live action theatrical film series off the ground, but that would just be "icing".

I strongly disagree with that, but it's your opinion, and I don't want to get into a thing with you. Just stating for the record that I'm fine with stories that blend sci-fi and magical fantasy.
I really like the idea of two separate shows, one for kids and one for adults. I wouldn't mind if the adult show was done live-action, like the Marvel Netflix series, but animated would be very cool too. We've never gotten a cool, well-done animated show or movie truly aimed at an older audience. Not that I know of, at least.

I like mysticism mixed in with TMNT too, I think it adds a really cool dimension to the whole property. IDW has I think almost mastered blending the sci-fi with fantasy and it works very well. I would like to see that done in other versions as well to see what else could be done with it. Of course, it also has the possibility of being really hokey and dumb. But such is the nature of studio executives
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote