View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #13
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Fixed that Tales Vol. 2 #2 error. Also, kudos onthe extensive age breakdown. I placed "Fifteen Years Later" where you recommended.

Interesting thing about that story, is that the TMNT run across Chet while on their way to a battle with the Foot (Leo says to an angry Raph, "Save it for the Foot"). Personally, I like to think that this story takes place during #1, while the TMNT are on their way to their showdown with the Shredder. But that's my personal theory.

I e-mailed Dan a while back and asked about definitive canon. He gave me a very cursory list off the top of his head, saying that Laird has yet to determine precisely what he wants to keep and what he wants to cast aside. Dan's list of "for sures" was:

TMNT Vol. 1 #1-15, 17, 19-21, 45-62
TMNT Vol. 2 #1-13
TMNT Vol. 4 #1-28
All 5 Micro Series
Tales Vol. 1 #1-7
Tales Vol. 2 #1-31

A very "bare bones" list, but it's not like he had the time to go all in depth and craft a list like the one in this thread. The dude has a life, after all.

In regards to the River, it was referenced in "Shades of Grey" (I think, or maybe an early City at War story), which would imply that at the time it was wholely considered continuity.

However, Laird seems to think less of Veitch's work, lately. In a Vol. 4 letters page, someone recommended that "Sky Highway" be adapted into an episode of the 2k3 cartoon, to which Laird replied (to the effect of) "I have absolutely no plans to adapt any of Veitch's stories, though they may some day be collected in their own trade".

Whether this implies they're non-canon or not, I dunno. However, they certainly work with the canon just fine and are referenced by the "definate" material.

Oh, and Sparvid, thanks for the Nobody info. Before I work it in there, could you tell me the title of the story? Thanks!

Last edited by DrSpengler; 04-16-2007 at 01:31 PM.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote