Thread: Walking
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #5
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

According to Google, I will occasionally walk about 1.5 miles from my college into downtown just to catch a bus that will take me home. I'm not certain as to how accurate this is, and there are other stops in the area that I can board a bus from.

It can be rather bothersome when there is a lot of road construction in the area and that tends to re-route the bus lines, and this makes for longer wait times. I get impatient on some days and say "To heck with the wait." So, I tend to cross through the construction areas (most of the time it is usually a dirt road or dried unpainted tar in the area as the workers are usually 'done for the day'), while there is usually traffic on the street, due to the drivers being re-routed from the road closures.

I will say that it isn't the smartest thing to walk from college into downtown, and maybe someday I will actually appreciate waiting a little longer instead of choosing to walk across a busy road and though a construction zone just to catch an outgoing bus.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote