View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #52
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I never understood why the other Titans weren't in Young Justice. Starfire's design from those DC movies would be perfect to use for it, as well as Raven or Cyborg.

I guess they purposely didn't use them aside from Dick and Beast Boy to distance the show from Teen Titans.
You said it yourself, they didn't want this to be compared to Teen Titans and be its own thing.

I would've loved more a real Young Justice show tho, that art-style and those characters animated would've been great but it would've resembled too much the Teen Titans Cartoon as well, not that that's a bad thing.

So we now have Young Justice the show which is more similar to Teen Titans the comic and Teen Titans the show which is more similar to Young Justice the comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Young Justice was a huge success the first go around and the toy sale were good as well. The only reason it was cancelled was bc the Young Justice toy line was tied to the CGI green lantern toy line that bombed. Green Lantern pretty much young justice bc the toy lines were tied together. I think the source is on the front page bc we we've covered the subject before. But I do share your concern about piracy killing young justice this time around. It just sucks I have to buy DC streaming service to just show support.
The Young Justice toyline bombed big time and it was deserved since it was so lazy and badly done. Green Lantern didn't sink the toyline, it was already dead.

The show just wasn't doing great either, I know plenty of blog posts reported that it was only cancelled because it had a lot of female fans and producers didn't want that. But that's only one interview telling what he thinks happened and no actual proof.

YJ came out at a time that Cartoon Network didn't care about their DC block, gave it deadly hiatuses. The excitement just wasn't there either, it was a great show but at the same time it wasn't a "feel good" show nor compelling enough to make up for the lack of charm. It did great with the tumblr crowd and hardcore dc nerds and animation fans but the average person didn't know about the show.

I'm guessing ratings for the show were fine but nothing amazing and given the situation they just cancelled it.

What a horrible time that was, we had been told DC would get this huge focus on CN and it seemed like a golden age, everything about YJ and the other DC shows seemed so well crafted and planned only to see them bail out on it barely a month after the experiment began.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote