Thread: Writer's Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post

It's hard to just openly discuss what I'm writing about. I always get funny looks or ‘awww’s from people when I tell them I’m writing a story about pigs. They assume I'm writing for children or imagine it’s going to be a fun(ny) story. Anyway, it’s a survival story about a group of pigs escaping a farm when they learn they’re going to be killed. My objective is to subtly educate people about pigs through my narrative (they are my favorite animals!) while playing around with some of the facts to make the story interesting.
Oh wow, that is so COOL Pigs are my favorites too besides wolves, and some of the major stuff I draw features pigs (at least mainly wild boars.) Most of my drawings feature them in horror though, some of them being symbols for insanity. I even have a full Russian boar hide from Poland, and a small skin of a piglet, both of which I hope to 'restore' back into looking like their piggy selves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post

To answer your question, I find it very helpful to listen to music while I set up a scene. Music like movie and/or video game soundtracks. Nothing with lyrics--that's too distracting. When I need to get something out and I’m having trouble, I’ll listen to a song that I think captures that scene well, and I’ll just write.

I do that too. I use it to draw with, although I can't do use while I write, as it would end up making it hard for me to visualize scenes. But I wish I could, some of the music I do listen to would end up kind of fitting for some of the stuff I do.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote