View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Favorite TMNT Single Issue or Story Arc?

When it comes to most any given comic series or character, while people may like a lot of stories, everyone has that one issue or story arc that stands above the rest in their heart.

I figured that would be the same for TMNT, so I thought I would ask, what is your favorite issue/issues of any of the TMNT comics, be they Mirage, Archie, IDW, IDW Adventures, Dreamwave, Daily Comic Strips, etc?

Also, do you have a preferred comic series among them? Main series or Tales of/Universe/spin-off?

For me, while IDW has really been growing on me as of late with my little marathon through the IDW Collection, Mirage holds a special place in my heart (probably because the 1990 movie was my first love of the Franchise, and a lot of why I loved it was adapted from the Mirage books).

I was personally quite partial to the Leonardo, 10, and 11 portion of the story, with the alternation between Leo's fight with the Foot and the rest of the gang enjoying setting up for Christmas, the big surprise of Shredder's return, their battle in April's apartment, and leading to their recovery and soul searching at Casey's family farm. It really works well as a story.

I'm also quite partial to the first issue as a solid complete standalone story, Raphael for a great character introduction in Casey while also developing Raph's character, City at War for being an absolutely amazing end to Volume 1, and Soul's Winter for being a fascinating piece both story-wise and visually speaking.

What about you? Among all of TMNT's comic greatness, what stands at the pinnacle for you?
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote