View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 01:58 PM   #31
pferreira
Foot Elite

There was no option for indifference so I picked the second option. It's neither been good or bad. Can't say I've really liked the stuff Nick has done with TMNT through films or animation but they gave the franchise a shot in the arm and some financial safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
All Laird really did before was to prevent the Fred Wolf cartoon from being more influential, which isn't really a bad thing, it at least made Fred Wolf nostalgia a less useful tool than what Viacom thought it would be. Had a movie like OotS been made around 2000-2007, when the target audience would been about 18-25, it might have been successful. Instead it was made when they were in their mid-30s, too late for most of them to still care, and anyone who grew up on anything but the Fred Wolf cartoon won't give a **** about Bebop and Rocksteady at all. So Viacom will probably learn that the franchise needs quality rather than rely on what they believe to be recognisable elements.
I still don't think you really understand why FW fans didn't go and see the movie. It had absolutely nothing to do with age or interest in the 80s cartoon series.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote