View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 07:51 PM   #9
Davin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to start this thread, so we could keep the NECA 1/4 scale TMNT thread its own topic.

As we all know now, NECA is back in the TMNT game, a long awaited return. They have officially announced their 1/4 (16.5 inch tall) scale 1990's movie Jim Henson Turtle line. Donatello will be released this summer, with subsequent turtles following every quarter thereafter.

It was definitely hinted at by Randy of NECA that there will be "a lot more" TMNT coming, but that he couldn't say anything yet. So what does "a lot more" mean?

Here are my speculations and/or hopes:

1. Henson turtles will be offered in a smaller scale. Probably via the DVD/home video loophole that they've used before to release Superman and Batman with.

2. I would not be surprised if we see the long ago sculpted Mirage Shredder at SDCC '16 with imminent release. Randy commented on twitter recently that we will see something at SDCC "that no one thought would ever happen". I don't know if he might be referring to this, or something Aliens related. This would fit the bill though.

3. I would not be surprised if NECA gets the license for the upcoming Mutants in Manhattan game. They have the license for other modern video games, and have released Gears of War figures, Heroes of the Storm figures, and a Nathan Drake figure.

4. Finally, I DEFINITELY would not be surprised (and I think this is the most likely of all the aforementioned), if NECA releases retro TMNT video game characters with a pixelated paint job. They are going strong with their Video Game Appearance (VGA) line of retro games.

Anyways, those are my (somewhat realistic) guesses. Discuss!
#3...please. Since the game seems to be based off IDW, some characters unique to that universe would be amazing.

The 18" Donatello looks great, but I feel like a smaller scale is a real possibility at this point and I need the shelf real estate.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote