View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 02:31 PM   #84
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
In the States we've begun to refer to transitional surgery as Confirmation Surgeries, because yeah...that's what they do.
The confirmation of people's lust and desire to be another sex, definitely, thinking it will bring them contentment and relief.

Quote:
Which isn't to say that surgery is necessary to transition, because it isn't.
(Buck Angel is proof enough of that. Warning: don't google Buck if you're not over 18.)
Well, I did google her, and she did have a significant amount of testosterone injections even if she did not have surgery. However, the biggest transition of all is the transition of the mind, not the body. I'm sure we both agree on that.

Quote:
Transitioning won't magically cause the world to be less of a crap place towards trans folk, nor will it magically give them a supportive family....in the blood sense, not in the found sense. The trans community is a pretty welcoming place overall.

When people equate trans folks with being depressed, they overwhelmingly blame it on the person and not the environment the person is in. I think they do it to absolve themselves of being the creators and maintainers of that environment.

It's like, I'm going to keep kicking you when you're down, and it's your fault for not getting up fast enough...not my fault for continuing to kick you.

(Watch though, those are the folks that react the most spectacularly when they, in turn, get kicked.)
I believe it does actually depend on the person and not just the environment. There are people who have died and endured pain for far nobler causes and even if their efforts ended in failure, what mattered in the end was standing up for whats right no matter what. They won't blame it on the person kicking them every time they go down, they won't blame anyone.

They will keep on trying up to get up or die trying with honour. They are are far more fulfilled than those like the trans community who seek worldly validation, because they aren't lusting and desiring after those things, but live a much greater life than that. They are the true heroes, and ultimate happiness is theirs.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote