View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #9255
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
If you have not yet, I would recommend pushing on in mgs v, in order to unlock the few "subsistance" missions available, which, imo, are the best the game has to offer, due to the fact that they limit your rescources, sending you into the mission "naked".
Nah. I'm out for good now that they implemented that bullsh*t online tax and hold your SP funds ransom in their aggressively bad and predatory online trash mode.

Either way, I always play with a limit. I never used the helicopter for anything other than extraction even once. I always play MGS games with a pistol and whatever tools are necessary for a specific job (C4 for blowing things up etc) and nothing else, so I've essentially played every mission "naked" already.

The game isn't good. Straight up. It's the best and the most satisfying a MGS game has ever played, but they did absolutely nothing of interest with those mechanics. It's full of needless bloat; from the ridiculous amount of worthless weaponry and gadgets to the vast, empty and uninteresting maps. It seems like most of the game exists just because it could and not because it should.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote