View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 10:26 AM   #12
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
I really liked this one, but I have to admit, I was laughing through a lot of it, mostly at Mikey, who was, for most of it, his usual, goofy, superhero-worshipping self. I DID rather LIKE the SuperTurtles, too, though. Although for a minute, when it clicked with them that Mikey was there, I thought they were gonna clobber him like they were the holograms in their practice room.

It was nice, too, to see Mikey being given credit for his intelligence for once in his idea for solving the problem of the Sliver (cool parody of Splinter's name, btw). He's a LOT smarter than his brothers, and even Master Splinter, give him credit for being, and I hope they get into that more as the seasons go on. He can still be the family goofball, but they need to bring out his serious side more. 'Cause, despite what everbody thinks, he DOES have one.

And folks around here can clobber me for this, but I thought that the evil Splinter/Sliver was kinda cool looking, too. I just wonder what TURNED him evil, 'cause it's obvious from the way that the SuperTurtles all talked that he WASN'T evil at one time, at least. 'Cause IF he HAD been, they would be, too. Makes sense, no?

And what I really, REALLY liked was that, at the end, Mikey didn't HAVE to rely on superpowers TO be able to beat Sliver. He just used good, old-fashioned ninja skill and cunning. Just like Splinter taught him to. Loved the way he flitched Sliver's walking-stick/power-sceptre, then turned it against Sliver. And THEN had the idea to reverse the whatever-it-was that Sliver wanted to destroy the city with.

I also wonder just where he got sent to after he phased OUT of the SuprTurtles' dimension? Something tells me it AIN'T anyplace good. But that MAY just be me. I hope it's somewhere where he'll be reunited with the rest of the guys. And was Splinter sent off somewhere, too? I can't remember. I taped it, so I gotta go back and rewatch it to see.

April as the mayor of "Megatropolis" was a nice touch. But what happened to "New York City", as the city's name? Oh, yeah, different dimension, so different city-name, duh. Momentarily forgot that. Although "Megatroplis" is a bit TOO close to "MET-ropolis" for MY liking. Kinda close to "MEGA-Kat City", too, actually.

And Casey as a clutz in a suit with short hair. *snickers* Doesn't quite compute, but it WAS funny.

On last note: I did NOT like how easily that "Ultimate Drako" found the Lair. I hope they find some way to delete (or whatever you call it) that particular bit of info from that combined abomination's collective memory. Maybe when it's Leo's turn in "The Real World", Part 2, they can finally deal with these two arrogant idiots? I hope.

Whew! Rather lengthy review on my part! And as much as I loved this ep, I can-NOT wait for NEXT week's! It's a RAPHIE ep, and it looks really cool!!! I just wonder what sort of mess that HE's going to be getting himself into as a "Planet Racer"? And I wonder if HE'LL get phased out of THAT dimension and sent to...wherever, too? Just have to wait and see, I guess.

Peace, y'all.

Last edited by Whitewolf89; 03-05-2005 at 10:41 AM.