View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #248
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Just got back from my "double date"! This. Movie. Was. AMAZING! I don't know who was saying Emma can't sing, because I thought her voice was just fine. A little weak on higher notes maybe but pretty decent. As for the acting and costumes, the CG and songs- everything was FANTASTIC! Some of the songs had new verses that were actually even more entertaining- "Gaston" and "Be Our Guest" especially- and there were a couple of "new" songs not in the original, but I loved them. The score was so perfect to the original, and the bits with Lefou were so funny! And yes, Menken's comments notwithstanding, it was clear that he IS gay. But it came off really as a man-crush/envy kind of thing, with hints that he wasn't happy with their um, "relationship". Lumiere and Cogsworth were so enjoyable, and even Chip had a couple of fun bits. It wasn't an EXACT beat for beat remake, but that actually made it better than if it was. Also- Gaston was actually WORSE in this version! Can't tell how without spoiling details but let's just say even Kefou had misgivings about his actions.
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote