View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

I do think some space-romp stuff is long overdue, & in this era of GOTG, Star Trek/Wars, etc, paired with the advancement of CGI, it'd be so, so perfect. I would absolutely love to see them adapt the Fugitoid/Triceraton stuff, or a Battle Nexus story, or even give Lord Dregg a shot. I'd settle for Krang/Rock Soldiers, but it's not ideal for me, personally. Too much Fred Wolf in the stew already.

The sci-fi/horror elements in general are what need to be tapped into. TMNT has a lot of funky monsters, time-travel, robots, dimension hopping, etc. & I don't think the general public are really aware how deep their foray into that genre goes. They have a base knowledge of Krang/Dimension X, but there's so much more they can do which could potentially appeal to any of the modern geek crowds (Marvel, Doctor Who) who would otherwise not be interested. The ancient Japanese and ninja folklore stuff should also get more focus, IMO. A film that blends elements of Secret History Of The Foot Clan/Legend Of Koji with 4kids concepts like Foot Mystics and/or a modern Ninja Tribunal or something like it could be really cool. I've long said a Ninja Assassin-like movie would be amazing, where you ping back & forth between Saki/Yoshi/The Foot's violent uprising & the clan's modern day dealings with the TMNT.

But yeah, overall, I feel they should really go all out with a new series. Take them to space, go forwards & backwards in time, fight giant robots & alien warriors, deal with ancient entities who've mastered shadowy arts, etc. We've gotten enough street level media to this point (most of which not done justice anyway, barring perhaps the original film), show the world what else TMNT is about.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote