Thread: Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #25
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I've experienced this personally, as well as seen it happen to others all too regularly. Sorry to hear.

Also reminds me; it's not exactly discrimination as much as it is nepotism, but when I'm promised a promotion one season to only have it then given to the executive producer's accountant's eighteen year old daughter who has no passing interest in the position in the first place, well...
I've had that happen too. When I first started out, entry level girl been there about three years. Was again routinely told I was the best worker blah blah blah. I applied for the management training program and was told they only wanted people who wanted to be managers. WTF? I wouldn't have applied if I didn't want it. They gave the spot to a senator's son who had been with the company less than a year and who I was training.

Then I got moved to a headquarters because i had a certian "look". (Read: size 4 with DD boobs at that time) and the wanted me there. Once there i spent more time fetching coffee and snacks for the officers than doing my own job. I quit. I have 2 masters degrees. I'm not your toy.