View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #33
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
but the rest of y'all need to cut loose.
*shrug* People have different ideas of what cutting loose is, or simply no interest in doing so.

I prefer remaining a relaxed state of a clear, sound mind... No interest in purposely making my mind anything but normal. Pisses me off enough just being dizzy from a cold virus, I don't want anything else making my head weird. (edit: I even despise 'laughing gas' at the dentist because of it and won't use it.)

Between this and the other thread though, I'm kind of surprised reading other comments about losses of grandparents that were likewise contributed to smoking and drinking. Though I guess if they were the same or close enough generations, I guess it was the times.

Definitely some alcohol addiction on my father's side and he himself had to watch it. (Fortunately his "on call" job pretty much forced him to have to behave.) Just not really anything I have any interest in repeating.

Smoking just seems gross, and alcohol... though I don't criticize or condemn moderate drinking, it's just a dumb beverage to me and I don't get the lame fascination and obsession some have with it. Like the daughter of my mom's friend who was at one time so proud of herself for how much alcohol she thought she could handle. Um... okay... "go you," I guess? If that's what you're proud of in life, it's time to reevaluate things.

What little I will drink now and then, I drink it because I like it flavor-wise, not for what it could do to me if I drank more of it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-07-2017 at 05:40 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote