View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I was wondering about that myself. To put it in perspective with the Titanic sinking...it was so f***ing cold in the Labradore Sea on the night that the Titanic sank, with the night sky so clear of disruption and without a moon, that it literally made a mirage that caused icebergs to be obstructed from view. You simply could not see ice bergs, it was that cold.
But yeah, it would be extremely cold out there for a reptile, especially in the spring and winter. So there's no way for them to be there naturally.

However, on Burnow, none of the predators that would attack alligator nests would be there. It could be possible that before Krang came to Burnow, a European expedition ship came there with a bunch of alligators and other animals, and those managed to escape and breed. Because of scarcity of food and the cold, not all of them would thrive, but Leatherhead would have been one of the lucky survivors. He could have hibernated during the colder parts of the year. In some way, there was a silver lining to his mutation that could have made it easier for him to live, but it would be marginal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
And as it looks it is right in the bermudan triangle or at least close bye. Maybe yet another idea they could use for some extraterrestial story.
I just checked and Burnow is too far north from the Bermuda Triangle. It goes from Bermuda, to Miami, to Costa Rica.

As for the storm that came over Burnow, it was probably Tropical Storm Andrea.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-30-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote