View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 06:42 AM   #12
Cloud Strife
Random Punk

Thanks, for the positive feedback, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madyankees View Post
Love what you did with the skin tone.
I also had problems with the paint rubbing off on the weapons when I did mine. End up using markers and sealing them and then just pretty much leaving them alone...for a very very long time. That seemed to work
I'm a big fan of the skin tones the original toys had, and just had to paint these figs using them.

Yeah, I tried sealing them after painting them, but it didn't work . So, I had to coat them with super glue. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmonkey View Post
These are the most amazing customs I've ever seen, sincerely. So amazed by these.
I really appreciate the compliment, hitmonkey. After working on these for hours upon hours to get the skin tones I was happy with, doing dry-brushing and washes to bring out all the details in the sculpts, and trying to figure out a way to eliminate paint rub on the weapons, it's nice to know someone thinks so highly of the results of my work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagong View Post
Great paint job! Seeing these awesome customizations makes me love these figures more and more. I like what you did with the shell. Great job!
Thanks, Pagong! These figures really are awesome. I can't praise the sculpts enough. Painting them really helps bring out all the details in the sculpts that you don't really get with the factory paint job. The person that sculpted these really did an amazing job.

Nick TMNT Customs: 1988/2003 Inspired Custom Nick Turtles

My Customs' Facebook Page: Cole Customs
Cloud Strife is offline   Reply With Quote