View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 09:57 AM   #182
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Anyone else get the feeling that this should take place after the turtles have already been in action for a while? It really should be a sequel series, I mean the "origin" angle is an interesting take but from everything we've seen it really doesn't make sense. The turtles don't act like newbies, April is a ninja, there are mutants everywhere, the turtles aren't shocked by all the crazy things they are seeing.
Very much, yes. It's weird that it has kind of jumped right into it with them clearly already highly skilled in those fight scenes... yet also supposedly "noobs" and messing up frequently? Wut. *headache*

A time or two the first ep felt like it almost sort of hinted that the Turtles may find out some kind of unknown origin later, but IF it even does bother to go there, it feels weird to save it for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit31 View Post
Okay, saw the first five episodes annnnd...my reactions are extremely mixed. The series as a whole is really hard for me to find the words for it. In short, I like it a little. As in I put it dead last of the four animated series. Why do I like it at all? It's entertaining to a degree, but it does NOT feel like TMNT to me much at all. I'm extremely open-minded and I'm even having issues with seeing this as being an actual TMNT show. The show can be fun at times, but one huge turn-off for me was the 3B one with the worm. I don't ever want to see that episode again.

I made a commitment to see this show until its end (just like I have for every other series) but this one is a really hard sell for me to believe it's TMNT. If it wasn't TMNT, I probably wouldn't even bother with the show. But, as unbelievable as it stands right now, I'm optimistic it will get much better as the series progresses. I hope I'm right.

On the bright side, I rather enjoyed episode 2A. That seems like the most TMNT-ish episode so far, so we'll see if things get to that point again or even better. Sure it was silly, but it had more of that TMNT vibe than any of the other episodes thus far (including the debut episode).
I agree a lot with you. So far, most episodes don't give me any desire to see them again, which is a shame as most TMNT does have that effect. Only 2A has me interested in a second viewing, esp later once we know more.

Donnie's Gifts? And here I figured, going by the events of ep 3A, 2B was likely where April gets the pizza place job before she ups and loses it that fast. Huh... Yeah, that line from Leo, something like "I don't understand you" pretty much sums up this show so far.

Maybe she'll get that job in that one, but the title doesn't quite fit that theme.

edit: At this point I'm kind of wondering if she will just keep job hopping as a gimmick...until she lands a mail room job or whatever at Channel 6.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-22-2018 at 10:04 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote