View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #788
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

2012 wave 1 turtles stayed on shelves a long time too.

I would bet Playmates made a bad call here and produced the same amount, or more, of wave 1 for Rise as they did for 2012, thinking they would recreate the same success but being way off on that. That doesn't necessarily mean the line will die, it just means they may adjust the quantities a bit and we will be clogged with wave 1 for even longer.

2012 was the wake-up call to nostalgic TMNT fans, when we saw those wave 1 designs of those colorful, serious-faced, muscular badass turtles in the stores and we felt the calling to get back into the hobby and made it explode into the TMNT mania wave we've been riding. But now we are getting fatigued and Playmates doesn't get that. Their next wave will be when the kids watching 2012 are older and ready for their nostalgia hit.

The 2k3 series did not awaken the nostalgia in me because I did not really like the designs, and, I was fresh out of college when that series began and had nearly no disposable income for a few years. It needed to sleep a bit longer before we were all ready to jump in a new turtle game.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote