View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
Revan
Han Shot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The Tales of the TMNT Vol. 2 issue (the # escapes me now) seemed to cement them as red-earred sliders... HOWEVER, the very original TMNT Vol. 1, #1 issue specifically indicates that Chet's "terrarium" of turtles was smashed.

Terrarium, not "aquarium." Red-earred sliders would strictly be kept in an aquarium, as they require water... a terrarium would be for land turtles like tortoises and box turtles.
Your point of the terrarium is well taken and I have even thought about it because I used to have a slider so I was aware of the proper care equipment. However, Eastman has admitted mistakes to some of the issues. The guy couldn't even spell. I don't find it much of a stretch that he simply used the wrong term, terrarium instead of aquarium.

Besides, if Chet was walking around outside carrying turtles, it would make more sense to keep them in a terrarium for transportation. An aquarium full of water and four turtles would be much much heavier for the poor kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
It was Tales #53, not official story by student of the Cartoon Center. Peter Laird admitted what this story wasn't a canon. As I know, this is not mentioned anywhere, and Turtles are not red-earred at all.
Tales volume 2 #18
Don specifically states that he was once a red eared slider... look it up