View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 11:39 PM   #76
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Harry and Liz were actually married for a time but had separated in part because of his drug issues. This was after the college years and the Peter/Gwen/M-J triangle was resolved (ie Gwen's death). They even had a son together if memory serves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Harry and Liz stayed together until Harry died in the 1990s. He remained dead for well over a decade.

After OMD, his death was retconned and it was revealed he had actually survived and was put into hiding by Norman Osborn and Mysterio. Harry married a couple of more times and then returned to New York where he had another child with the villain known as Menace. He and Liz still get along, even if Harry works for Peter and Liz is constantly trying to sabotage Parker Industries.

She's kind of turned into a bit of a b*tch sadly.

In MC2, Harry and Liz's son Normie predictably became the next Green Goblin, and Liz died from an illness shortly after Mayday first became Spider-Girl (Liz had remarried by this point to her then-90s love interest Foggy Nelson)
Interesting. Wonder why the adaptions never did much, if anything, with Harry and Liz?

Quote:
Harry's revival is another one of those things that makes no sense in the context of OMD, as Norman's whole motivation for coming back twenty years ago was that he was AVENGING HARRY'S DEATH. It's also his whole motivation for killing/kidnapping Mayday

Dan Slott tried to sweep this under the rug by having Mysterio, I kid you not, advise Norman to "method act" and mentally commit to the notion Harry was dead so he'd sound convincing to anyone he brought it up to.
Why bring Harry back in the first place, though?

Quote:
I reckon they could save Norman perhaps for a closing arc in the series, but I do wonder just where he was.
Assuming he un-died like he did in the original comics, I suppose he was either in hiding himself, or had been re-killed or captured and put in a tank by Regent.

Quote:
Hobgoblin showed up in the original mini-series, and Peter mentioned Harry in the Spider-Verse prelude to RYV.
I never really understood why Hobgoblin was on Regent's team. As I understood it, Regent captured heroes and villains alike with superpowers and put them in his tanks, no exceptions. All his other minions are tech users only, but Hobgoblin has superpowers, since the idea is that the people who use that identity used Green Goblin's performance enhancer/globulan green/OZ/whatever. So, why wasn't Hobgoblin in a tank?

Quote:
I'm sure we'll get some version of the Goblin in the series, but it's strange to think Norman hasn't struck out at Annie given how long it's been since she was born in the new series....even Venom struck hard at the Parkers when Annie was an infant.
We'll see. It'll be interesting to see if RYV the series brings back mostly surviving old characters, or if we'll be getting a lot of new ones instead. I do have to admit that, because of the first RVY story, I'm kind of more intrigued by the idea of the RYV Parkers needing to deal with a surviving Venom symbiote than yet another Spider-Man/Green Goblin fight.

Maybe Goby didn't have a chance to target Annie (either deciding that it was better to stay hidden from Regent or Regent ended him first)? That's all assuming that he knew in the first place that the Parkers had a child and/or hadn't forgotten who Spider-Man really was (as I understand happens sometimes).

Quote:
The thing about the Kents is it's being heavily implied they are the original versions anyway, which is why I brought up that Marvel ought to try a similar trick with the RYV versions so we could start repairing the damage to 616, as the 616 versions act nothing like Peter and MJ. Revealing them as fakes or the worst aspects of their personalities made flesh would go a long way to at least acknowledge there's a problem
Did not know that. Although, if the original Spider-Man comic is canon in both 616 and RYV, I could see the argument that RYV Spider-Man has as much claim to being the original version as the 616 one does, esp. if RYV branches off from the original timeline long before OMD did.

Quote:
I doubt Marvel will go that route of course, but I think it's the best option to win back the crowd.
What about the fans who like the current comics, or consider the post-OMD Spider-Man to be "their" version of the mythos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Oh if ONLY I was writing for the Spidey book- you WOULD see that come to pass. It's pretty close to what I would do to fix it. Which would also involve Peter punching out Mephisto and doing to him what he almost did to Fisk.....
I'd read that.
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote