View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
This is too funny, to me.

I mean, clearly your heart is in the right place when you are trying to be inclusive. And maybe he feels he has to be aggressive to make the change. I don't want anyone feeling left out either. And maybe some day we will say "Peoplekind". If it makes the majority feel better, I couldn't really care less.

But it's hilarious to interrupt someone, at this stage in the game, in front of a large crowd, and correct them for saying "mankind".

If you listen to the full town hall (only part of it is in this video) you can get a better sense of the bigger picture there. It seems like a woman was pleading with Trudeau that he should allow Faith-based aid and help for things like the homeless and such in Canada, something that Trudeau is vehemently against in any aspect, he got irritated at this and lunged at the "mankind" comment. Really bad look for him. All bad.

I think most sound-minded people, religious or not, are OK with Faith-based help in society. It's help. Why turn it away? I'm not remotely religious but I don't see one thing wrong with people from the church coming in and feeding the homeless or giving them basic necessities. Even if they have to hear a sermon about God to get it (and I'm pretty sure they don't, generally), so what?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-15-2018 at 10:15 AM.