View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 10:29 PM   #52
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
@Prowler, who do you think spread this cancer? Us. Every issue with western civilization as a whole is literally our own fault, and it’s spreading to the rest of the world. It sucks that capitalism is the only option we have at the moment, because it breeds these issues. Don’t get me wrong, I hate communism, and you’re retarded if you think there’s any way communism could work in a non-hypothetical world, but is this really the best we could come up with? People are so f*cking stupid, dude- and the reward system we have set up for stupid people tricks them into thinking they’re “above” everyone else. Look at pop culture; Rick and Morty, Marvel, Armchair-Politics, opinions taking precidence over facts. It’s gross, and is all designed to make the average person feel more “in-the-know” than the other cretins because they know who goddamned Plastic Man is.

No wonder suicide rates are high as f*ck. We basically live in a world that says that there is absolutely, positively no meaning to life at all- for cool points, or something. Real f*cking edgy, man.
While USA does have the largest entertainment industry on Earth and created the concept of celebrity as we know it today, if it hadn't been for you someone else would have eventually done it. Plus, movies already were made in Europe and Japan before WW2, and also theatre was a popular form of entertainment in Europe before the cinema, the radio and tvs were things. So it's not like there weren't famous actors, authors and poets already.

So nah, as much as my European blood loves to give USA sh*t when it deserves it, I wouldn't really blame you guys for the celebrity worship cancer. Your media's influence can be rather toxic when it comes to identity politics, since you cannot just apply things that fit the American context to completely different societies and countries with completely different history. I can tell you that Europeans in general, find this whole race thing and identity politics in the American media pretty perplexing, for instance. And when people influenced by the American media or published American authors come and try to implement the same concepts and ideas in European countries it doesn't go very well and leaves us confused/perplexed and thinking they're idiots.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote