View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Yeah, when that was announced, I just kind of sighed audibly for several reasons.

- Frank Miller does not get, or respect, Superman all that much and it's a problem that goes back as far as his glory years. DKR had him as a government stooge for Reagan who wouldn't speak out against anything and goes to apprehend Batman on the Presidents orders. DKSA ends with him basically deciding Batmans way of drastic action is right and maybe hinting he needs to take a heavier hand. I don't remember him doing anything in ASB&R, but if he had, I doubt it would have been pretty. I haven't read DKIII, so who knows where that went.

- Frank Miller has admitted to hating Superman, so I don't even know what the hell the point is here.

- I'm not a huge fan of John Romita Jr's work, or at least his modern work. A lot of straight lines and sketchiness that looks sort of ugly. His most recent Superman work was not great.

Quote:
Is Lana Lang going to be a stripper now? Or will it be Lois Lane? Or both? Miller can't write women for crap...
Dude can't write Superman for crap either, so this will certainly be an... "experience"... on multiple fronts.