View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #130
funatic
Mad Scientist

late to the party but bringing (eye)candy... Here's my NYCC haul:

everyone's favorite lithograph! I apparently bought the first one of the con.

prints from Michael Dialynas & Nickelodeon signing

Ben Bishop print & Usagi - Adventure Time crossover print by Mike Vasquez

little sketchcard print of Shredder, amongst other badasses

some nice variant covers & the new (heavy!) Puma Blues trade

And now the real fun stuff, continuing my makeshift artist sketchbook I started on a whim at NYCC 3 years ago, getting anyone who's worked on TMNT to contribute a quick headsketch:

top row: Sean Wang, Ben Bishop, Robert Rodriguez, Michael Zulli
bottom row: Corey Smith, Fernando Pinto, Ciro Nieli, Stephen Mooney (who didn't realize he was only allowed one half of the page, and was later auto-bombed by Tiger Claw at the Nick signing)

top row: Derek Charm, Billy Martin, Caleb Goellner, John Giang
bottom row: Michael Dialynas (I don't think that's Saki behind the mask! ), James Sylvani, Emilio Lopez, Khary Randolph

Per usual, it was amazing to meet these artists and shoot the shell. Ben Bishop said he finally has an IDW cover coming out soon, after he modeled so many prints after covers to get IDW's attention. I'd been waiting to meet Michael Zulli for years and his quick sketch was a special honor, as he said he hadn't drawn a turtle since 2006! Spent a long time chatting with Caleb Goellner and Derek Charm, true turtle fans. And Michael Dialynas was a pleasure as always, and gave me sneak peaks at his upcoming covers & interiors!

Not pictured is the Eastman signature I got on the back of one of his early prints. It was so cool to meet him and one of my favorite directors, Robert Rodriguez, in a 1-2 punch! Who knew Robert was as good at inking as directing!?

The Nick turtle panel was one of the best yet - really excited to see this next season, the space stuff always pops in animation! And the cast signing afterward was also a pleasure. Rob Paulsen and Greg Cipes have to be two of the nicest guys in the business, always so warm and personable with the fans. Eric Bauza was awesome too, and wound up moderating around half the panels I went to see that weekend.

Another con surprise was an appearance by Partners in Kryme, who did the 'T-U-R-T-L-E Power' song for the first TMNT movie. The singer told me the studio screwed things up when they commissioned the song, and told him Raphael was the leader, hence the lyrical mishap. He said there's a remix coming out soon that sets the record straight.

Oh, and if you're still reading all this let me finnish with an April & Casey cosplay duo I found:

I'm the "Finnja Turtle" in the middle (complete with Jake the Sai). Any Adventure Time fans out there on these forums?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote