View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

I've also never understood the whole "making April younger so that it'd make sense for her to hang out with teen-aged turtles" thing. It was never a problem nor did it seem odd in previous incarnations. I've never once read a "April is a bit too old to have 4 teenagers as her closest friends!" criticism in my life. That was never an issue people had with previous TMNT incarnations. Plus, the turtles weren't THAT much younger than April in those incarnations anyway. In the FW series, the Turtles seem to be about 17-19 or so, if I had to guess. And April was, if I remember, about 26-28 years old? Even if she was considerably older than them, it's not like she was babysitting them. Remember they were teenagers raised in the sewers as ninjas who saved the world from Shredder and other bad guys frequently. They weren't some dumb high school kids. Plus, April also had Irma as a friend. And who else was there for her to befriend? Vernon and Brune? Who'd want those guys as friends?

In the 2k3 series, April was even younger. She was 23 years old. And in that series, the Turtles also were not younger than 16-17 years old. Leonardo and Donatello didn't exactly strike me as immature. Plus, April had Casey as well. Not to mention she didn't appear as frequently as she did in the FW series.

In Mirage the Turtles are basically teenagers in name and age only. They're way more mature than human teenagers, due to the circumstances and environment in that they were raised, so it never looked like to me that the age gap between them and April was noticeable.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote