View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

The Big "Turtles are only human" quotes thread.

Well, let's be honest, the Teenage mutant ninja Turtles are more human than they are Turtles and in all series of the Franchise there are moments in which they showcase their humanity, which is why I'm posting this thread here.

I'll start off with an exchange between Leonardo and Splinter from the recent IDW Teenage mutant ninja Turtles comic book series "Desperate Measures" in which the former vents his frustration about having to deal with a team consisting of teenagers.

Leonardo: It's just - There's so many bad things going on and ALL they want to do argue with each other and goof around. I TRY to get them to focus, to take all of this seriously and they just BLOW ME OFF at every turn. Raph wants to HUNKER DOWN, Mikey wants to be a SUPERHERO and Donnie's got his HEAD BURIED in his gadgets 24/7. They're driving me CRAZY!
As he finishes his rant, Leonardo notices that Splinter is grinning.
Leonardo: It... It's NOT FUNNY Father!
Splinter: I am not laughing my son.
Leonardo: But you're GRINNING!
Splinter: Yes, yes, I AM doing that. Forgive me Leonardo, my amusement is not to be insensitive. I am just happy to know that my Teenaged boys are STILL teenaged boys even when they are away from me.

From the 2012 series, Leonardo has fallen head over heels with Foot Clan Kunoichi Karai and has made a fool of himself trying to impress her. In the episode "The Alien agenda" Karai has "formally introduced" herself to the other turtles before abandoning them during the battle, "leaving it up to the good guys" to defeat the Kraang. Needless to say Leonardo has a lot to explain.
Michelangelo: So...
Donatello: (to Leo in an angry voice) We're thinking somebody should start talking!
(Leo looks sad as the scene cuts to the lair)
Leo: I should have told you about Karai sooner, but I really thought there was a chance she would be good, and... I guess I... sort of... liked her. Go ahead, laugh.
Michelangelo: Dude, I can't believe you trusted her.
Donatello: I can't believe you didn't trust us enough to tell us.
Leo: I was wrong, I'm really sorry.
April: I tried to warn him.
Raphael: You too, huh?
Splinter: Leonardo, you are not the first young man or turtle to make a fool of yourself in front of a girl.
Michelangelo: What about Donnie? (Donnie hits him)
Splinter: However, when that girl is a Kunoichi working for the enemy, that is a completely different thing. Deception is the ninja's most powerful weapon. And Karai appears to be a master of it.
Leo: Thank you, Sensei. I'm glad you're not mad.
Splinter: Who says I'm not mad? (Whacks Leonardo's foot with his cane making Leonardo scream)