Thread: [Fan Art] Mostly Utroms
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #85
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

More design changes. This time to the backmost legs and giving them tails like 87 Krang sometimes had ("brainstem" I guess).

Spoiler:

And a new concept for Krang's mother. This one is an aristocrat from a military family, who pampered Krang to no end...even after she eventually separated from Quanin when she realized he didn't want more children. Only having Krang because he needed an heir. She took on a partner and had a few more children, and raised Krang until he was old enough to go to his father to learn Heir Things. Unfortunately, he was too spoiled rotten by then and had to get sense kicked into him by Morbus to finally come to grips. Fortunately, she adjusted well to his abrupt changes in demeanor (and tremendous drop in weight) and maintained a steady relationship with Krang, when things kept being turbulent with Quanin.

In an IDW setting, I'd have her and her family survive to go into stasis, Krang having rescued them before he went to Quanin because they were more reasonable. His relationship with her would have been comfortable enough that he doesn't actively crave her presence; it's hard enough to go without his entire species, he might as well lump her in with the rest. He's more toppled by Quanin's actions anyway.

I just need to see if I can do dynamic poses here.