View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #259
Allio
Foot Elite

So I have started collection the yugioh manga (doing 3 in1) and last night I was watching the ending scene of Darkside of Dimensions where Seto went to Egyptian heaven to face against Atem.

In the comments after watching that scene I saw one post referring to Seto creating duel academia after that

But it dawned on me.

Who ever said Seto was able to come back?

Yes we know that Kaiba created duel academia but we forgot that there are two Kaibas, Seto and Mokuba.

We simply assume it is Seto they refer to since people call him Kaiba but if Mokuba took over the company after Seto was lost he too would be referred to as Kaiba.

In Duel Academia there are three ranks, the highest being Obelisk Blue. We assume that is Seto’s doing because of his ego.

But it could be because of mokuba’s love for his brother and the way he saw him as the best and thus made Obelisk being the highest rank.

So with Seto lost and Mokuba having to take control of the company he created the duel academia in his brother’s honor.

I’d have to reread the GX manga but I don’t want to do it just to see if there is a little blurb of text referring to Seto himself or not. Only time I remember Seto being mentioned was when Judai thought of the legendary duelists.

Keep in mind I am referring to the Manga canon, not the anime canon, Darkside was made to be manga canon (though the dub tried to make it anime canon) so Kaiba's appearance in the GX ANIME doesn't count.