View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 11:52 PM   #52
chrisdude
Foot Elite

The movie was going to happen, eventually, no matter what. It's a popular franchise, so it's a safer bet than a new idea. It is most likely going to turn a profit, even if it sucks. I'm not saying it's "good" way to go about business but, it's reasonable.

I don't know Jones or McKinnon, and I think McCarthy is genuine hack. I had been praying for McCarthy's exclusion, since the word "female" came up. BUT - I see no reason why the Ghostbusting concept wouldn't work just fine with a new cast, and I think the female cast idea is a fun twist. I love Ghostbusters, too, but I don't see why the idea of a reboot or a new cast is so offensive. I would never cast new actors as the original characters in a million years. But I don't see why the idea of Ghostbusters has to be shelved forever.

If you ask me, in the case of Ghostbusters, if you're not able to get the original cast, new characters is the way to go. Because everyone here would be 80x as mad if they had announced a new Venkman, Winston, etc. And, I believe that if you're going to remake something, you should put a spin on it, so it has a reason to exist alongside the original. And this movie has that.

I'll give it a shot. Will it be as good as the original? No. That movie clicked with pop-culture in a way that can't be re-created. But I don't think the original cast and crew could have pulled that off, either. Heck, Dumb & Dumber To did everything the same, and people were still disappointed...
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote