View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 04:23 PM   #12
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Just finished the first season and had a blast doing so, I definitely enjoyed it more than my first time I saw it. I still don't think it deserves all the praise this season got but it's a nice cartoon even if lacking the charm of the OT or the thrills of 2k3 during its they're first seasons.

Man Dogpound becoming so useless so quickly was such a horrible decision to make, no wonder people didn't take Fishface/Dogpound as replacements to Rocksteady and Beebop, they became jokes without being fun like R&B. Hun suffered some villain decay but not as bad, he was still a threat even at the end of the show.

NYC being so alone in some episodes definitely felt off.

I liked the Shredder/Kraang alliance, its something we never got to see how it formed in the ot.

I like that their eyes turn white, that's something that the 2007 film did in the trailer but then didn't in the film.

I liked most of the original characters they came up with, the only exceptions were Snakeweed and Spiderbites. Snakeweed's second appearance didn't make me like it more, but all other mutants were cool, I especially loved the Newtralizer and the cockroach was cool as well, I hope they appear later. Filler episodes like the one where the mutant hornet or whatever infects everyone was cool as well.

Karai is a huge let down for the most part and the most interesting parts about her where things that 2k3 had already done better. The Splinter/Shredder relationship is new and interesting but so far not handled excellent

April is a horrible character and the reason for the Kraang needing her was dumb and a cheap way to make her relevant to the plot. I would've preferred the route of Kraang only wanting smart scientists. I do like that Splinter was training her but even then how did she beat Karai on her first fight?

I want to know more about the Kraang but I guess we find out more later so I don't want spoilers.

Now to season 2.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote