View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #1454
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I have been reading the DeFalco run on Amazing Spider-Man. I picked up where the Essentials series left off with #249 and am currently on #284, the start of Gang War which finishes the run. I am not sure where I will stop on the title. It was really front-loaded with the Hobgoblin drama, Harry and Liz's son being born( why name him after Norman after what he did?), the Black Cat and her super powers, and the Puma as well as the alien costume and MJ revealing she know's Peter's secret and her own past. Then it was a year's worth of forgettable one-shots with no weight. The run is not well balanced. I am aware of the climax of Gang War which has the Hobgoblin reveal that was fought over editorially and took a decade to rectify.

I took a break and read Secret War (1984) after I got through #274. It was an interesting read. I just wish some of the villains got more focus. Dr. Doom, Klaw, Galactus and Magneto (as an anti-hero) got all of the attention along with a villain I was not familiar with, Molecule Man. It was great to see Dr. Octopus included,but he did not do anything aside form chastise Dr. Doom and Molecule Man at different times and that was it.