View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Sideshow Shredder Statue Restoration

I'm not sure if this sort of thing would interest anyone, but I thought I caught a really great deal on ebay for a Sideshow Shredder Comiquette Statue for only $200. I had spoken to the seller and was assured he would be packaged with the utmost care as his only flaw was missing the original box. Little did I know utmost care was a fairly loose term as when he arrived he was broken to bits.

Now... I do restore and repair gypsum statues as a hobby so I figured I'd give this fellow a try since I have it anyway. Even though it's a sort of resin and not exactly gypsum, it's not all that different to repair it from what I've been reading.

So this is how he looks now after his trip to New England... The Shredder has been shredded as you can see. If there is any interest in seeing how this progresses I will update the thread periodically with my progress and also what materials and techniques I used to complete the restoration and perhaps if anyone else has statues that need fixing this thread could help them out if needed. I also do repairs on commission, but since this was my first Sideshow piece I am going to try I figured if anything it would be a nice visual aid in the case anyone has their own repairs they would like to try before I start possibly offering up repair commissions.

I'll begin working on him after the weekend and add photos as I progress. Feel free to comment on your thoughts.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 11-03-2017 at 02:53 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote