View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #433
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Not a bad issue, but very rushed, and the cover lied, Peter and Magneto don't have a bloody scrap at all, and MJ saves the day with one or two punches. Weak.
I've come to the conclusion that covers always lie except when the don't. Also, factor in variants that have nothing to do with the issue in question, I don't see a need to knock the issue over it.

However, yeah, the conclusion was rushed. I think it needed one or more issues to have the space it needs. Hopefully the series won't suffer too much because of it (I've gathered that sales aren't exactly improving that much).

Quote:
Seemed more intent on telling an X-Men story than a Spider-Family story, although Annie had some choice words for Jubilee throughout.
I guess I like the idea that Jubilee wasn't beyond redemption, but I think there needed more story for it to work like it should've.

I was actually kind of surprised that, rather than saying no then and there, the Parkers were going to think it over on enrolling Annie. I guess I assumed that, since it wouldn't work with the comics' premise, it would be closed off here. Wonder if it'll come back again?

Quote:
At least the final page revealed more about how Harry's marriage went down in this universe...Liz divorced him rather than wait for him to die on her in the original universe, and she has the Venom symbiote.
I really like how questions like this are getting answered. Also, I think the cliffhanger sold me on the Venom story.

My assessment is that I liked it, but it's the weakest installment in the series so far (counting both the original mini and the ongoing).