View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 09:26 AM   #58
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I was never sexually active throughout my tenure of high school, and now that I look back at it, I'm glad I wasn't. There were two girls with whom I attended high school that started the same time I did, and they didn't come back after our sophomore year. They both had gotten pregnant and I believe they may have dropped out of school. There was also a guy in my grade with whom I shared homeroom when we were juniors, and I remember him mentioning having a daughter. I know that he and one of those girls are doing quite fine now, and the other girl must be as well, but I imagine that being a teenage parent can be a bitch, and I'm glad I didn't have to go through that. It's too bad that most teenagers don't realize that being a virgin during that time can be a good thing.
I experienced something similar, but in college. One of my female dorm mates had an on-again, off again relationship with an incredibly toxic guy (he'd ignore her for long stretches of time after they had sex, and they'd even gotten physically violent with each other). She was extremely intelligent and had a lot of big dreams, but this guy (and sex in general) was her Achilles heel. She even came onto me, but I was too inexperienced to realize it at the time.

Between my junior and senior years, this guy knocked her up and left her with a kid. When I knew her, she was an honor student who had already traveled the globe and wanted to be a writer. I came across her on Facebook recently, and now she lives back in her hometown and works at a Burger King after dropping out of school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote