View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 08:44 PM   #98
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I mainly read just manga, that way I can read though several chapters that would normally take an episode
Another truth. I spent a few hours drinking beer and reading Toriko on Monday and got through nearly 100 chapters, which equals out to about 40 episodes of the anime. 40 episodes would have taken me a hell of a lot longer than a few hours to get through. Those kinds of binges really do allow you to catch up quickly and once you do, you're looking at 5 minutes to read a chapter of a manga or 20 minutes to watch a single episode of an anime once a week or bi-weekly.

Not to say catching up isn't an incredibly long journey. It took me about two years to catch up to One Piece (once I let go of the english dub) in the anime and another month or so after that to catch up to the manga, but it was pretty close to the only thing I watched/read in those two years. And once you're caught up to something, it opens you up to watching/reading another few things that might interest you. Which is something I've been doing a bit more recently with stuff like Toriko and HunterXHunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I know the naruto anime ended in the japanese version, but I still wanted to know if anyone is waiting for the dubbed version to end to finish watching it.

I started watching the anime late, like 3 months ago. And now that I've caught up to the dubbed version, I have to watch one episode a week because it's still dubbing. So I stopped and decided to wait.
I don't watch Naruto, but I tried my hardest to stick with the dub of One Piece for the longest time, but I finally snapped and watched/read the remainder in Japanese. Maybe you should just watch the subs and keep yourself from going insane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Following Non Non Biyori: Repeat & Himouto! Umaru-Chan right now, both being 3 episodes in at present.
These sound too hardcore scary for me. lol Sounds like slice of life stuff. The closest I've ever gotten to that kind of thing was Baka and Test. Though my fiance and I did watch all of B Gata H Kei a few years ago for some weird reason.

Last edited by Peanut; 07-22-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote