View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 02:23 PM   #76
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, that's not fair. I am friends with a lot of Texans who would never do that. Is there a large population of Texas that would? Sure. Same as if you were to go to Eastern Washington.
I've lived in a number of places, including Texas. I heard the N-bomb dropped way more in Westminster Maryland than I ever did when I lived in Dallas, or Austin.

People keep thinking this is a gun control debate, it isn't. This entire situation could've been resolved with civility. This kid asked a girl out, and instead of just rejecting him (who hasn't been there), she apparently made fun of him over an extended period of time because of his advances. Hell, Emma Gonzales admitted that she bullied Nick Cruz. The problem with these shootings is that kids are bullied and don't have a healthy outlet to deal with that, so they end up doing the unthinkable. There are too many assholes out there that think they have a right to **** on other people for whatever reason. They don't, and until people figure out that you have to be civil (especially kids) this **** will continue. You could make every gun illegal and this would still happen.

Before anyone jumps on me: No, I'm in now way condoning these school shootings. They're horrible events that should never happen, but we REALLY need to aim a microscope at why they keep happening. It's not the video games, it's not the violent music, it's the little turds who are self-absorbed and think they have a right to make fun of others.

This kid in texas had bombs, so no amount of gun bans would have done anything in this situation. He was determined to hurt people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
You're right Andrew its not like other developed countries with stricter gun laws like Japan, Britain, France, Germany or etc have little to no school shooting. Hell even Canada which does have school shootings from time to time doesn't get as bad as the United States
There are a ton of reasons those countries don't have the gun problem we do in the US. I could name a few, but I'll stick with the reasons Australia and Japan don't have them. One, they're islands; Two, Australia does still have gun violence. Oh, and London has recently had a sharp upturn in gun violence, but I won't go into the reason why that is happening because it doesn't fit within the scope of this conversation.

Japan, in particular, is a really bad example to use as a means of saying that we shouldn't have guns. There are so many reasons they're a unique situation when it comes to discussing guns and violence.

Last edited by BartAllen; 05-21-2018 at 02:32 PM.