View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 04:59 AM   #243
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I like to think that Marvel Studios, especially Kevin Feige, are able to take a more measured approach and not rush into any film properties they acquire from Fox.

As much as I absolutely LOVE the Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Galactus and the Silver Surfer, I don't want to see them handled poorly. And I think after building up the cosmic threat that is Thanos for ten years, the MCU needs to focus on more grounded, smaller-scale stories for at least a little while before introducing another "OMG this is The End!"-type villains or scenarios.

And then the X-Men have the potential to f#ck up the whole MCU if mishandled, so that's worrying. The introduction of mutants to the MCU (as opposed to the "miracles" we got in the form of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch) has the potential to be its own phase of the MCU, if it even continues to use phases that far into the future.

In any case, it'll probably be almost 2025 before Disney/Marvel is able to release any movies using characters whose film rights used to belong to Fox.
I'm curious how the MCU would handle Magneto. He's a very popular marvel villain and they cannot screw him up.