View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I don't really recall being so scared of a movie I never watched again.
NOW MY BROTHER, on the other hand, has a movie that he refuses to watch again to this very day.

My parents rented it from Netflix in the middle ages, when you had to get the DVDs sent to you by mail. And we watched it. And my brother was in his stage where everything would scare him. Of course he's grown out of it now.
List of things he got over
  • Gandalf falling to his "death" in Fellowship of the Ring (our parents got the DVD when they showed it to us and made sure we watched the special features so we knew it was all movie magic and that all the violence wasn't real)
  • The Forbiddon Forest in Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, specifically when they saw Voldemort drinking the unicorn blood
  • Freaking fireplaces. Because of a chapter of "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark"
  • I KNOW there's a lot more, but man, I can't think of them all because it was so long ago.

But even now, after begging my mother to let him watch Sweeny Todd with Johnny Depp for years, and working on a "vampire" story with some very grim material...he still will not give Watcher in the Woods a second chance. Even as I told him, after a rewatch, that the acting is canned and it deserves a spot on Mystery Science Theater 3000.