Thread: Juggalo March
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #24
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
The detective cautioned that listening to the Insane Clown Posse, or even being a juggalo, does not mean a person is a criminal. “Don’t freak out,” he advised people who might know a juggalo, saying listening to the music does not make a person a criminal.

The detectives said anyone who sees the “Hatchet Man,” an ICP symbol, should report it to Fairfax County police. The image, the silhouette of a running man carrying a hatchet or cleaver, can sometimes be seen on cars, according to the detective. He asked that people send them the license plate numbers of cars with the Hatchet Man logo.

So basically, "Don't freak out, but I'm going to do a background check on you and if you're clean, all I'll do is list you as is "gang affiliated" which will come up in any background check when you try to adopt a kid, buy a house, get a job, etc... Have fun!"

I know you believe the system works, but I'll ask again: Did you even read the stories on the Juggalo March website?

See, that's the thing. You believe that if you're one of the good ones it won't matter since it's designed to weed out the bad ones, but thats not the case. Because of the actions of less than a hundred Juggalos, a hundred thousand of them are being treated as if they reported the crimes themselves.

You also need to consider ICPs fanbase largely consists of young, broke white kids. You know what a lot of young, broke white kids will do regardless of what music they listen to? Criminal behaviour. One doesn't equate the other.

I have a feeling you'd change your tune the second you're targeted as a gang member.

Agreed. I can't even stand their music, but even I know this is wrong. It's no different than blaming video games of D&D for some idiot's criminal behavior. The only difference is the form of media. (And fans of Eminem can be just as bad, TBH....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote