View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #22
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemyke View Post
It would be awesome if they'd bring them back, but I'm actually to the point where I don't think they would do a good job of recreating them. It'd be better if another brand like Tastykake (who actually licensed TMNT mini donuts before the latest movie came out) would make their own version. Their products are delicious while Hostess IMO has done a crap job with their new recipes.

Also, one fact that not many people know -- the Pies were always meant to be a limited, 20-week release back in 1991. That fact kind of blows me away because so many people fondly remember a product that was only on shelves for 20 weeks.

The design of the wrappers is my all-time favorite.
I totally agree and I also feel that Tastykake would do a much better job with making a yummy Turtle Pie. Hostess pies have been of lesser quality in the last bunch of years to me. Especially after the company was brought back from bankruptcy.

I didn't realize that the run was only for five months either. They did have two different styles, stickers, etc. in that time frame right? But yeah I remember them fondly buying some with my Dad at the local grocery store. I did love the art on those too.