View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #18
Leo656
The Franchise

I actually watched wrestling (as in new wrestling) last night for the first time since March, when my cable went out. Yeesh, I have like NO idea about ANYTHING since Benoit won the belt, except for the fact that he lost it to Orton and HHH has it now. Man I got some catching up to do.

Thankfully, I have a big collection of tapes and DVDs to get me through. The Ric Flair Collection IS really great, but there wasn't enough of it. All the attention to the feuds with Hogan and Piper, and yet NONE of the 8,373,742 Flair/Hogan or Flair/Piper matches is on the DVD, nor are there any of his great matches with Savage. And they really should have put the match with Sting from the first Clash of the Champions before any other Sting match. Great set, but it needs a Volume 2 desperately.

The Rise and Fall of ECW was indeed a great set, though you really get the sense that Paul Heyman is kind of a nitwit. Creative genius? Sure, why not. Business genius? If Paul E. ran Microsoft, we'd all be using manual typewriters and the "internet" would be two foam cups connected with a piece of string. I've never seen anyone so completely blind as to why a business venture failed. But I guess nobody likes to notice any of their faults.

Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story is another DVD I highly recommend, especially for all the old Japanese matches against Liger, Sasuke etc. Great stuff. Benoit's probably the best in the game right now.

Finally on the subject of DVDs, a 6-disc Hulk Hogan collection is set to come out in the Spring. Am I excited? Ohhhhhh hell yeah!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote