View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I was usually spoiled crazy during christmas, only one year I was disappointed but I had just asked for too much, literally "the entire collection of TMNT figures" and only got a few and a train instead The younger I was the more I enjoyed what I got since you're less jaded

1993 or 1994 was likely the best Christmas for those reasons I remember getting a ton of Jurassic Park and Mighty Max toys and playsets. the year after I got all the megazords from Power Rangers so that was a big year as well, I just never played with them much but the gift was amazing, I just didn't make the most out of it.

The christmas gifts I likely used the most were the Nintendo 64 games I asked but since I was older, you are a bit more ungrateful I guess I don't know what to call it. The early years of christmas as a kid were definitely more magical when it came to presents even if I may have enjoyed others more as I became an older kid.

My parents came through even as I was a teenager though, I remember getting a bunch of Gamecube/PS2 games in 2001 for Christmas and maybe the year later I didn't play video games so they asked me for a list of things and that they would choose a few of them to give me, I made a list of different band CDs and dvds of concerts etc, some of them that were not that easy to find and on christmas I saw they actually bought ALL the things I had listed. I felt bad for making such a big list but I never expected them to buy them all, I thought I had just given them options.

Materialistic X-Mas is really the best time of the year. I plan on spoiling my kids crazy during X-Mas when I have some, maybe not as much as me since there were plenty of toys I never played with that I asked for but still, when you think Santa is actually bringing you presents, it's just something else and that only lasts very few years, by the time I was 8 I was already skeptical and while I enjoyed the gifts it wasn't the same.

Last edited by sdp; 12-13-2017 at 11:01 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote