View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I was mostly replying to Cubed, but I guess it applies equally to you as well. We've had neighbors of varying ages- in fact we are still friends with an older couple who lived next to us until very recently. I just don't understand the mentality of not even nodding or saying hello to your neighbors, even in a big city. Here, people say hi as they pass each other coming home or leaving, we invite neighbors over to parties (like Halloween or the Super Bowl) and we make an attempt to at least get to know each other a bit. It's just common courtesy and being neighborly. Heck, even apartment tenants in tv shows at least know who their neighbors are, even if they might not all be good friends or whatever. That's normal. Never lived anywhere that it WASN'T the case, in fact.
I greet my neighbours(the ones who live in my building) if I run into them. They do the same too. It would be impolite not to do so.

But people who live in other apartments/houses in my area? No. And I don't consider them neighbours.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote