View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 08:32 PM   #23
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Exactly Ciro's original vision for the series was that Splinter had just passed on at least a few days prior to the beginning of the show. Confused over what they should do following the death of their Sensei they travel to the surface and meet April. And she becomes the surrogate thing they cling to. This isn't to say Splinter wouldn't be present in their lives, he would be...but only through their memories and visions.

Nick studios rejected the idea because they felt that where ever Splinter was, was home.
Powder clearly stated this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Ciro wanted to start the series off with Splinter dead, so the notion of his passing was obviously a significant one to his creative vision, at least at one point. Pairing that with the fact Splinter had a canon death in Mirage it most definitely sets a precedence.
It's been documented; I've been meaning to hear Andrew's podcast for a while but I'm a lazy dolt. There was an interview with Ciro with Splinter's death as a question. If I find it, I'll edit it and include a link below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter View Post
POWDER! WAKE UP!
This is not a show where people can just be killed off (with the exception of Tang Shen being this series'/franchise's Uncle Ben) and Ciro knows full well...as should anyone else! Anything around those lines said by Ciro or some wishful fans can't be accepted as gospel truth! And yet I had to sit and read throughout all that time between AE and Season 4a about all this fan-circulated BS?! THAT IS A JOKE AND SO ARE YOU! "It's bad enough I have to deal with you South Carolinians in person every day, I can't catch a break online either." PFFFT! GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK! IF YOU'RE IMPLYING THAT YOU LIVE IN SC TOO, LET'S EXCHANGE ADDRESSES SO WE CAN START THROWING DOWN BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE ASKING FOR!
Calm down; I'll throw my hat in the ring for a moment. Look, if you were under the microscope yourself, your anger would screw you over and I don't feel talking tough is going to get you anywhere. I've got nothing against you at all even with our previous differences, now relax. Got it? Now then:

As Powder mentioned, Splinter was originally supposed to be dead in this series but it was rejected.(I don't know the reason at this time). A user here named Andrew runs a podcast with a few other members; Ciro was one of the guests on it about a year or two ago. Here's the post if you don't believe us, the link is hyperlinked on the word "here":

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=104

Need I remind you Tennet was confirmed for 13 episodes as Fugitoid, then as shown it was the whole space arc even if a few were minor appearances to cameos? Clearly Splinter's lack of presence was what it was: a concept, but rejected. Nobody's saying it's "gospel" in terms of reality, but it offers a what-if scenario if that were fully fleshed out.

If this discussion is going to be destroying opinions, then somebody lock this thread or clean it out so we can try doing it fresh one more time. I do have stuff to say, but wanted to address the irrationality.