View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #10
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

During the red sky seasons they say season 9 was the worst, which I never thought it was. I thought it'd be season 4 or 5 due to how unbelievably silly it was. Yeah they did have the silly 2nd stage mutations, which I thought was unnecessary but they weren't in all of the season 9 episodes. I feel like Carter should have been the only one to mutate, as that would have set him apart from the others.

I don't really understand why people disliked Carter. He wasn't as entertaining as Casey Jones, but he had some interesting moments. Started off kind of rocky, since he wasn't much of a team player and he started to mature a little more. He started to work with the team then had difficulty with his mutant form and doubted himself, and then started to wonder if he should he keep his mutated form or go back to a normal life. It took him a while to make up his mind, but he's a frigign college kid, of course he's going to be mixed up about some things. Wouldn't you if you had mutant powers and you wanted a normal life, but you wanted to keep them in case a threat came around? He was never really annoying or anything so I don't know why people bashed him or Dregg for that matter. He had more personality than Casey, or at least this version of Casey, even if Casey was funny and entertaining.

But the "purists" just bash anything that's different, even if it's good. Dregg was one of the most interesting villains. Season 9 was pretty good and would have been really good if it wasn't for the 2nd stage mutations, which really should have been reduced to just one episode. "Carter sucks, because he's new" or "Dregg sucks because he's new and he was the final villain whaaa"

I can't stand those that can't handle any change. The Red Sky seasons were pretty good, much better than they give it credit for. Season 9 was the first time the Turtles were pretty much rejected from all of society instead of just have mixed opinions of them and Dregg was the only villain that pretended to be good and people bought it until April exposed him. It was interesting to have a villain that had the entire city on his side. In fact, a lot of the red sky villains were interesting and had decent backgrounds, i.e. Beserko Kronos, Megavolt ect. but never showed up for more than one episode, other than Titanus.

Carter was not really a bad addition. He didn't have an obnoxious personality, annoying catch phrases or anything so I don't what their problem is with him.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote