View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 08:03 PM   #504
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Jesus, I have never seen a single thing to change my mind that this series was best left as two movies and a handful of comic books.

Pretty sure I'm right and pretty sure that "opinion" ain't ever gonna change.

I do have one friend who insists that even T2 is blasphemy and shouldn't exist, but that's a little bit too "hardcore" for even me.
I think the thing is that T2 could've been an easy misstep - Arnold's excuse to play another "good guy" while his career was at it's peak could've easily churned out an "actor-service" flick.

But the thing was that T2 was a game changer as far as visual effects went and it had it's finger on the pulse of a young generation with John Connor's character.

I remember it, man. It wasn't like today where everything looks great through CGi. Back then, relatively simple things like the airplane explosion in Die Hard 2 was an epic spectacle. So now you have Terminator 2 with all of the explosions, but also a liquid-metal juggernaut that basically couldn't be killed and created during a cultural renaissance in visual effects. People were droppin' jaws in the theater.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote