View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 08:51 PM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Jurassic Park is my favorite movie so I'm pretty damn excited. Unlike many I enjoyed JW a lot and was satisfied. Most of my worries like the trained Raptors or hybrids ended up working for me, I can definitely nitpick the movie but the only thing I didn't like was the final fight which seemed very superhero movie inspired and shouldn't have been that long. I also didn't like the subplot of using dinosaurs as weapons for the army but was glad when it seemed to finish when Hoshkins is killed, however...
Trevorrow has hinted many times before and after JW about the military wanting dinosaurs. Most of the fandom is against the nicknamed Jurassic War and that's a movie I would not want to see. I'm holding hope since JW had such a surprise box office that they'll be extra careful about what they do, I mean this movie did SW VIII numbers. So here's hoping they come to their senses or that it is done in a way that I can get behind like with the trained raptors and hybrid.

As far as other hints some fans had speculated that it could be about an "ice age" park since the viral website implied this was being worked on. That would be cool but I think it was just a reference to the Jurassic Park Builder mobile game which has an ice age park, that same website also had references to JP:The Game which came out in 2012 or so. I mean it's something new and I'd be up for it but of course there's the problem ice age creatures not being dinosaurs.

There's also the rumors that they're filming in London. While I'd prefer the films to stay in one of the two islands I'd be ok with this as well since if done right it could work and it'd be a nice reference to the classic novel The Lost World. Sure TLW:JP already tired the T-Rex in the city and to me that was terrible but the original book already had a nice scene of dinosaurs in the mainland as did two comic series so if written well it can definitely work. It has to be kept in a small area though for it to work better and if not written well then it'll be a mess.

Finally its worth noting that there's an official "Hybrids" list by Univeral. At first everyone thought the hybrids you could create in the JW mobile game were original from the developer and the Stegoceratops an original from Hasbro toys that the game later copied but we saw that this wasn't the case. A kids book about hybrids came out which basically had all the hybrids from the JW game and pretty much at the same time a JW Hybrids toyline started coming out with the same hybrids from the book/game. I would love a movie based on hybrids since they're pretty cool but I doubt JW2 will be about this since they wouldn't blow their plot 2 years before the movie comes out with tons of merchandise about it but I'd totally be down for that, this was the idea of a previous toyline JP:Chaos Effect back in 1998 with the same premise.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote