View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 08:21 PM   #91
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Amell
My version of Casey Jones is really incomplete. We meet Casey Jones at a very different point in his life than most people that are familiar with the live-action version of Casey Jones. He’s not really that guy yet.
When an actor is calling the character they're playing "really incomplete", you've gotta worry.

See... this is just more confirmation of our fears. Just like most of the characters were just In Name Only last time around, even Amell is admitting the same is true of his Casey Jones. They learned nothing.

I mean, remember when Elias Koteas' Casey just turned up, fully formed, like this?

...and how absolutely nobody had a problem with it? And that entire character/performance is still considered a highlight of the whole movie? That's because he's a character, not just a bland, generic guy who will maybe one day be a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OF COURSE! OF BLOODY COURSE! Damn you Nolan. All anyone learned from you was to drag out the introduction of characters, and show them as "not ready to become their namesake, but they be trying!"
I don't entirely disagree here, but you can get away with that with Batman because he's a character who has a journey before he becomes Batman. Not that it's worth a whole movie or more to see that journey, but it's there in the source material.

Casey, on the other hand, was pretty blatantly designed as a parody response to the "tragic backstory" vigilante that Batman represents. Giving him much more build-up than "hey, crime sucks, I'm gonna bash some heads" is completely missing the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Actually there's been some subtle acknowledgement from people involved in the last movie that they screwed up. There was video interview with Fuller and Form said something along the lines of "we'll change your minds" in relation to the sequel. While that may not be an acknowledgement they ****ed up it could be seen as acknowledgement most people disliked it.

Not to mention that the four turtle actors have mentioned the lack of their screentime. Jeremy Howard in particular at a con has made big declarations that this time they know what they are doing and have an actual script etc. You remember Howard was the one who admonished fans last time and made bold claims about things which sounded intriguing but ended up on the cutting room floor. You'd think he'd be careful this time.
Well... it's nice to hope that they learned their lessons, but they also parroted the "it's gonna be awesome, fans are gonna love it, we got this" lines last time. Their job is only to get people to pay for tickets, and they will always lie through their smiling teeth to achieve that goal.

Basically: We were bitten once already, so we're pretty justified in being twice shy.

Last edited by Bry; 06-30-2015 at 08:29 PM.